Monday 25 November 2013

First Meeting Review & Welcome to our Blog :)

Thanks to everyone attending our first Liverpool Photographic Workshop at Irene's yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was very impressed with the level of commitment everyone showed and the willingness to ask questions, share ideas and get stuck in:)

I am very aware that not everyone was in their comfort zone the whole time but this initial learning curve is the steepest - and with practice new techniques will become automatic and then the fun can really begin..... Taking control of how your pictures look and feel and the messages they convey is something I still find as exciting today as when I saved up Weetabix packet tops and sent away for my first camera sometime in the sixties.

I thought that this blog would be the best way forward initially as it can be easily linked with other Google stuff such as Picasa, Gmail, G+ and so on and we can limit access to members of the group only. Everyone will be able to post photos, comments, questions, ideas, inspirations and assignments on here and comment on each others' posts......

I will be able to post anything emailed to me in the meantime because in order to set this up for everyone to use fully we really do need to have an introduction to Picasa at some stage.

Lets get on with it!!!
Mike

4 comments:

  1. I learn best by doing so I liked the applying what we learnt and then trying to take pictures/ look at the histogram etc... not great at just being passive though Mike
    I really need an idiots guide to my camera controls( yes taking lens cap off as well!)so if there is anywebsite that you want me to look at happy to oblige. Looking at everyones' pics and you commenting on what we;ve done etc.. would help me learn. Great start. Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive put 4 photos on my Gmail account and shared with the people on Mike, you Jim, Dave and Barb... dont know how to put them on here DoH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Clare - the more active you are the better:) don't wory about on here for now I will start a circle just for us on G+ and see how that goes - will do that tomorrow after I have got my head round it...I look forward to seeing your pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike do we need to use picassa. I have iPhoto on the mac which seems to be the same thing. Happy to put picassa on if it is better or it is needed. Let me know.Thanks, David

    ReplyDelete